I wanted to see what it does for your image/followers/numbers if you buy followers. So I bought followers and likes on Instagram. It cost me 20 dollar. And what exactly did I get?
YES, I knew I was buying fake accounts (but not certain) and YES I knew this was a risk and not good for certain reasons, namely:
– my reputation (OMG she’s SO fake, she BOUGHT her followers)
– my loverate (that’s the percentage of number of average likes on your pics divided through the number of followers)
I had 990 followers on Instagram. I bought 1500 followers on a website I found through Google. I cannot find it again now (they probably come and go), so just Google ‘buy real instagram followers’ and you will see a lot of services. After paying 15 dollars (it said ‘best option’, for 25 dollars I could have bought 2500 followers, was that no good?) and within the next 24 hours, I got all these 1500 followers. Three weeks later and I now have 2712 followers.
These are indeed fake-accounts. They don’t ‘live’, aka they do not like nor comment, but they look real. You can still recognize them: these accounts have weird names, they do have an average profile pic and follow a lot of people. So far the same as any account. They do not have (m)any followers, mostly 0 to 5, they do not post pics, mostly no more than 1 tot 10 pics already there. These pics are randomly picked from the web.
After I bought the followers I wanted more, more! I thought that if one of my pics got on the popular page, I would get more fans. After all, the pics on Instagram’s popular page are not the best ones, right? So I bought 500 likes for 5 dollars from the same service for one of my already popular pics (60 likes, which is a lot for me). The likes came within a couple of hours. I got 562 likes in total on this pic from my son Mauro and his friends.
– Buying followers worked a little bit for my image: I get more followers faster than before. In the past 3 weeks I got 200 new followers where as I got a dozen in this same timeslot before. Note: I also gave a presentation to over 200 (starting) bloggers from which I got more followers than usual. So when people see that I have 2500 followers think it’s worth to follow me more than when I had 990 followers. Mission 1 accomplished.
– My Klout score went up from 67 to 68 and it looks like it stays there. Klout can’t determine they are fake accounts. A failure from Klout, in my opinion, but very difficult to undermine. (Update december 2014 > maybe Klout also examines engagement rates from Instagram, like the love and the talkrate)
– The likes did NOTHING. To get on the popular page you need thousands of likes so I should have bought much more than 500. Will do that if I have the guts.
– My loverate and talkrate a.k.a. engagement is lower than before, because these fake-account don’t like and comment. Not so good, but not a terrible thing.
– I haven’t got any bad comments from people (yet) nor have I been banned from my beloved Instagram (yet).
Am I happy? Yes? Would I recommend this strategy? No, but I would not lie that it could work for your image. Are there any REAL services to get more followers that you know of? Let me know! There was an article about Instagram scams from the Android app Instlike, check it out on Mashable.